Thursday, October 11, 2007

About Last Night.....

I'm not really sure what to think about the marathon of a game last night. Bluntly, we lost against a team that had no business beating us with the talent level we have. Shady and Bostick are game-changing players and they will be the focus of the team for the next two years. The offense finally looked competent and the play calling I thought was great, I'll talk about the final play later. Overall, I thought this game is really indicative of where we stand in the world of college football. Pitt fans hold on because we are going to lose four to 5 more games. There are signs of life in this team though, hopefully we can continue to score points.

Everybody try to put into perspective this season, its completely lost, but look for the great individual performances. I was extremely entertained by last night's game out of context. I don't expect us to win games anymore I just hope we put up a fight. This sounds like a sad and defeatist way of looking at games but we are there now. Our future looks quite promising in places but we have loads and loads of problems. Don't give up on the team and stop watching or attending the games. One day you can tell people you got to see Shady and Bostick play as freshman.

Our new role in this season is spoiler and maybe we can take out on of the top Big East teams. I have stopped being angry about this season and accepted what is happening. The talent level is there in places we just need to find a way to bring it all together for the next couple of years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to be honest....how are you guys not calling For Wanny's head?!? He has lost everywhere he was the head coach...just ask a Bear or Dolphin fan for their opinion....and now he is destroying Pitt. Yes he has done a good job thus far recruiting...but away from Norv Turner he is the worst football coach going. Fresh off two blow out losses we lost to NAVY!!

The guy does not win. We need to get rid of him. Nice guy, awful coach.

Anonymous said...

Read the archives we are just defeated at this point. Wanny isn't going anywhere and getting mad about it won't fix anything. If we could fire him today I would hold a one man parade on 5th ave but it won't happen.

J Jones said...

That last comment was me I'm an idiot