- Dion Lewis was the first team running back which is to be expected after his monster spring. He is in the pole position to win this job but like I said yesterday this position is completely open. Lewis, Chris Burns, and Shareef Harris all have a chance to win this job if they can put together a great string of practices.
- Oderick Turner is still practicing with the starting group as the second wide receiver. We all saw what he did last season and I'm really hoping for one of the McGee/Shanahan/Cross group to take his job. Baldwin has the other spot locked down and hopefully Cignetti is dialing up a certain amount of plays per game for him. He is the legit playmaker on the team and he appears on the verge of a breakout season.
- Pinkston-Thomas-Houser-Malecki-Nix is the current offensive line. Left guard is the position to watch and hope that Chris Jacobson can win that job. Thomas hasn't been consistent enough in the last two years to earn this job over a prospect like Jacobson. In order to be successful this season we need this unit to gel and gel fast.
- No real surprises on the defense. As of right now we pretty much know who will play every position barring two, middle linebacker and the linebacker opposite Greg Williams. I would bet anything that Shane Murray takes the outside linebacker job and Adam Gunn takes the middle linebacker job. Experience usually wins these camp battles.
- There was no big news out of the second session which featured all the freshmen. If anybody is going to make a push from the first year players it will be later in the week once the team gets to pads.
That is it for the first day. Can we get out of camp without a big injury, please?