- (5) Texas vs (1) Oklahoma: First off this game isn't going to be on TV in Pittsburgh because they are showing the Big East Game of the Week. Let that simmer for a second, instead of getting the best college football game of the year so far they are showing a game from the worst BCS conference in the nation. Onto the game this is going to be a really close one with some amazing QB play. I'm going out on a limb and saying that Texas is going to win this game. I love Sam Bradford and I think he is the next big quarterback but I really like the versatility that Texas has on offense. Colt McCoy can do it all and I think his running will push Texas over the top. The winnner of this game will be 1/2 of the BCS Title Game.
- Notre Dame vs (22) North Carolina: UNC is going to smash the Fighting Horrible Arrogant Fan Base. Notre Dame is still an uneven team and I don't buy the hype that Jimmy Clausen has turned the corner at all.
- (17) Oklahoma St vs (3) Missouri: Another amazing Big 12 game but I think this is going to be a showcase win for Mizzou. Enjoy Chase Daniel playing the quarterback position.
- (6) Penn St vs Wisconsin: I have been convinced that Wisky is the best team in the Big Ten but I have been proven wrong the last two weeks. I'm not jumping off the bandwagon because the Badgers are going kill the BCS Title game dreams of the Nitters.
- (13) Vanderbilt vs Mississippi St: This is my upset pick of the week. I like Vanderbilt and I'm totally rooting for them to pull the impossible and win the SEC but this game feels like a trap. After the big win over Auburn I could see a let down and Mississippi St. is a tough team to beat on the road just like the rest of the SEC.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Well since there hasn't been that much to write about since the great USF win I thought I would bring some non-Pitt content to the Cat Basket. Another weekend of college football is coming up and the Big 12 and SEC continue to be the only conferences that truly matter. Here are my picks and thoughts:
Posted by J Jones at 11:54 AM