- There will be a 100 yard rusher tomorrow. The feeling in camp was that Graham is the home run hitter type back so I expect him to break a few big ones. Lewis has a ton of speed and could be too much for the defense of the Penguins. Lewis 14 carries 75 yards Graham 11 carries 101 yards 1 TD
- Jonathan Baldwin is going to explode in this game. He is the type of player who can completely dominate a warm-up game like this. The only thing that can stop Baldwin in this game is the playcalling and the ball getting to him. 5 catches 99 yards 2 TDs
- Look for a huge day from the defensive line. I would expect Romeus and Sheard to combine for 4 sacks. The Penguins are going to turn the ball over multiple times and maybe even give a defensive TD.
- Stull is going to play exactly like he did in the opener against Bowling Green last year. He will complete the easy passes but he will continue to have the problems he had last year. First bit of pressure the Stull we all know will come out. 11 for 23 135 yards 2 TDs 1 INT.
- Expect big things from the return game. With Saddler as the kickoff returner we are constantly a threat to score special teams TDs. Aaron Smith got rave reviews in camp as the punt returner.
This is as close to a gimme game as we could have possibly scheduled. Rule number 1 in the Wanny era is never expect a blowout but I think this could finally be the opening day where we look to dominate against a much inferior opponent.
Pitt 35 YSU 3