Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's time for Uconn

I don't know about you, but I get pretty upset looking at our record when playing in Connecticut. From the slide, to flash in the pan quarterbacks, it seems like Uconn just gives us fits. To make matters worse, this game is a Thursday prime time game which will be an extra incentive for the fans to be a little louder than usual.

The fun thing of this game is that we're seeing the Big East favorite against everyone's "Big East Darkhorse". Well sorry folks, that pony is dead because Uconn straight up sucks.

Sure they have the win over WVU, but let's face it, that had more to do with WVU turnovers than it did with the play of Uconn.

This game should be a breeze for Pitt, but if you read any message boards you'll find some interesting stats such as: Wanny is something like 3-8 following bye weeks and he has a losing record in prime time games.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the feeling that we are or will ever be in jeopardy in this game. To me it feels like the basketball game we saw the Panthers win on Monday against URI. Sure there might be some tense spots, but you know what's going to happen at the end of the day. It will be a Pitt win.

I'm hoping Romeus gets some plays in to allow him to knock the rust off for the games we will truly need him for later on. Because of the Ville doing us a favor against Cuse and the other Big East teams helping us uphold the great Big East reputation, Pitt should be able to get to the BCS game even with a hiccup along the way.

As of right now I'm hoping for 3 things.

1. A 27 to 10 victory over Uconn tomorrow night
2. Beating WVU in the brawl so bad they decide to fold the university
3. Somehow getting to the Orange bowl and beating a crap ACC team (even though we'll probably end up against the B12 in Arizona).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is going to be a little closer in score but Pitt will win 24-17.

Look for another stellar coaching job by Wanny to keep the score close.

Punxy Panther said...

what happened to our run defense? we made another 1st round draft choice last night! just wonder if toddman will ever catch julius jones who is still runnin!
again flat on tv!

Anonymous said...

We suck, plain and simple, it looks like the we are going to the cold climate bowl in Birmingham or Shreveport!

WOW!

Milind said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Picnic Basket